Your Parish Council works closely with church staff to manage the operations, finances and our building. Your Parish Council is comprised of members of the congregation who have volunteered their time to serve in this role. Parish Council members serve on staggered terms of service. Each year, the congregation is asked to confirm new members in an official vote.
The Parish Council meets on the Second Sunday of each month after worship. Your attendance is welcomed.
2020 Parish Council members are Michael Jackson "MJ" (President), Zach Kaskey (Treasurer), Kate Walker (Secretary), Betsy Walsh, Gary Montgomery, Trina Thompson, Faye Codding, Krista Walton, Lane Kranz and Yesenia Arreguinn.
VHC WishList - What gifts speak to you?
- Sign-up for auto-giving
- Volunteer to help run the multimedia on Sundays. We'll show you how!
- Donate your time and/or money to help us continue to grow our children/youth ministry.
- Join our music ministry or financially help them obtain even more music.
- Make an extra donation to support building maintenance. There are several projects we'd like to tackle this year, including:
- Fixing a persistent leak in the balcony before Easter Sunday (when we need every seat in the house). We suspect adding more insulation will address the issue and are obtaining quotes now.
- Rebuilding the flat roof on the west side of our church (estimates: $5,000)
- Replacing lights in the sanctuary. Scaffolding will be required to address, which increases the cost.
- Areas of flooring on the lowest level of our building need to be repaired to prevent tripping hazards.
- Re-plaster and improved waterproofing for storage rooms on the lowest level of the building.
- Calking and/or re-grouting the middle window of the east side of the sanctuary (waterproofing)